Thursday, June 4, 2009

Excited Fan comments on my book….

I just received this email from a player at the University of Notre Dame. He played against my team last summer in the Cape. He was nice enough to send this about how he put together what he watched my team do against his team and when reading the book it all then made sense. Obviously, a young man who loves the game, it very intuitive, and wants to learn...
I hope all is well and you are excited about another season in the Cape. I just wanted to let you know that my assistant coach at Notre Dame gave me your book “You Can’t Steal Second with Your Foot on First”. It was very enjoyable to read and I simply could not put it down. The whole summer I was very intrigued by the way your team stole bases and after reading your book it all made sense. I have never gotten much instruction on base stealing. However, this year I did get to work out a little with Chone Figgins where he gave me some pointers. I was going to email you about possibly stopping by the Cape before I have to report for the team that selects me and be a part of your famous first workout with the Cotuit players, but with pre draft workouts I don’t think I can make it.
Ironically, I just got done working out with the Diamondbacks where I got to hang out with Brett Jackson. He was interested in going to the Cape to hang out and possibly working out with you as well (he lives very far away and it may not be likely, but I am only 2 hours away and I plan on visiting the Cape anyways). I wanted to get your thoughts on the possibility of me stopping by Cotuit to get instruction on stealing bases and or speed work. Best of luck during your season!  Sincerely,  AJ Pollock

No comments:

Post a Comment